Kingdom Marriage Journey part 2

After making the decree on Mount Carmel, I returned to South Africa with my precious bridal cloth from Jerusalem.

I kept in touch with my friend Christina, and in 2016, she told me that God was shifting the timeline and advised her to wait before flying to South Africa. Though disheartened, I trusted that the Lord knew best. 2016 came and went, and in 2017, Christina and I spoke again. She said God was still not releasing her to come and make the dress in South Africa. Frustrated, I asked her to stop updating me on the timeline because it felt like my wedding day was dependent on her making the dress. ( which it was ) LOL 

I decided to take my mother with me to Jerusalem in May 2017 and I shared it with Christina,  she prayed about our trip and came back to me saying that God had released her to fly to Israel, meet us in Jerusalem, and take my measurements for the wedding dress. So, just the measurements! I could only laugh at God’s sense of humor. Even in the waiting, He was inviting me into His beautiful plan.

 As my 40th birthday approached on September 28, 2017, I continued to hope in His promise. 

The white lace for my wedding dress lay waiting for four years until God told my American friend Christina it was time to make it. She flew to South Africa September  2019, made my wedding dress in my parents home over 3 weeks and for the first time my wedding dress hung in my room, ready and waiting.  Just so everyone knows, I was not dating anyone at the time and there was no prospective Godly Man in sight.  That same year  my world collided with Andy’s.








Andy and I had known each other since 2012. Now if you remember from my previous blog is shared how the Holy Spirit poured out in my room on the 26th January 2012 and how God told us that our husband's will have a encounter on these dates ;). Keep this in mind! 

So with my wedding dress ready and hanging in my room in September 2019. I traveled back to Israel for a second time that year to serve at the ANCJ All nations Convocation Jerusalem,  During my time their I got a message on Facebook from Andy Gibson asking me to to guide him through the process of volunteering in Mozambique with Heidi Baker's ministry as I've done it myself in the past.  Long story short  We ended up spending time together in my homeland of South Africa that year while Andy was on sabbatical from America. He made it clear that we were just hanging out as friends, but I quickly realised that I liked him; he was open to the Spirit and completely devoted to God. Soon, many God-ordained moments filled me with a quiet, spirit-filled confidence that he could be my husband. 

The most significant ‘God moment’ came in early 2020, when a Ugandan pastor approached me during a church service with a word of knowledge: my marriage was delayed,  me and my husband are a gift to the world, a gift to our families and a gift to each other and the number 39 was important. That day happened to be January 26, the anniversary of my outpouring of the Holy Spirit, and Andy’s 39th birthday.

A few weeks later, on February 7, 2020, I stood with my friend Sylvia Strauss on my grandfather's land, KARMEL, gazing over a landscape that resembled Mount Carmel in Israel. For the third time, I proclaimed God’s truth about kingdom marriage, this time in South Africa, wearing the wedding dress Christina made for me. God whispered to me, “When you see me in someone, you will know he is from me.” I thought of Andy and his godly character. He was like no one else I had ever met.





Back on January 26, 2012, I first met Andy at a Circuit Rider (Revivalist) conference in Kansas City in September 2012. A group of us, including Andy, became friends. One day during the conference, Andy came to my apartment with a few others. When he walked in, he saw a world map on my wall with "January 26" written on it. He exclaimed, "What is my birthday doing on your wall?" He then shared that he had an encounter with an angel on his birthday that changed his life.

We continued to talk on the phone through January and February 2020. I was invited to speak at the YWAM campus in Kansas City in March 2020. Following the word I received from Pastor James Kawalya from Uganda, a series of other events unfolded, which I will share about in the future.

Orchestrated by God, I flew into Atlanta, USA, where Andy picked me up from the airport on March 13, the day the world's borders shut down. I was stranded with Andy. My speaking engagements were canceled, and I found myself in a small town called Anderson in South Carolina. Willingly, Andy accepted the responsibility of taking care of this stranded South African until the borders reopened. At the time, we thought it might be a few weeks or a couple of months, but no one expected it to be eight months before South Africa opened its borders.

During this time, my heart started longing for Andy. I decided to check in with him about where he stood, so I asked, "Do you have any intentions other than friendship with me?" He boldly answered, "Absolutely not. I am very happy to take care of you, and I would expect you to do the same if I were stranded in South Africa. This is pure friendship with no intention of a relationship or marriage." Andy knew that I longed to be married and to be a wife, so he made it very clear from the beginning. My heart sank as he told me this, but in the midst of this potential storm, I knew I had to continue locking my eyes on God alone.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kingdom Marriage Journey

"LADY IN WAITING"